The GCC Principles
The GCC Principles of Sustainable Excellence
Each GCC Brandmarked piece (product) or collection is produced by businesses that:
1. Operate legally, and openly communicate their sustainability commitments and performance.
2. Not tolerate forced or child labour in its facilities or supply chain.
3. Respect the rights of employees and contractors and ensure they are treated fairly and with dignity, without discrimination of any kind; provide a safe and healthy workplace; and guarantee a legal minimum wage throughout the supply chain.
4. Contribute to the economic and social development of communities affected by their operations.
And in ways that:
5. Allow the key materials of the product or collection to be traced back to their origins.
6. Not cause deforestation or loss of biodiversity and that conserve endangered species, ecosystems and ecological processes.
7. Minimise the use of energy, water and natural resources, the generation of waste and the emissions of greenhouse gases.
8. Avoid pollution to air, water and soil and the use of toxic chemicals.
9. Ensure that the extraction and disposal of water and management of waste is legal and responsible.
10. Do not allow animals to suffer and that promote their welfare.